Friday, January 2, 2009

Friday Crosscurrents with Lilith Wood

The Malarkies: "When I Paint My Masterpiece" (Bob Dylan cover)
M. Shanghai String Band: "From the Air", off the album of the same name
Bob Dylan: "Meet Me in the Morning" from Blood on the Tracks
Greg Brown: "Waiting on You" from Covenant
---
Robyn Hitchcock: "Television" from Spooked (harmony vox & other help from Gillian Welch)
Gillian Welch: "Wayside Back in Time" from Soul Journey
Rufus Wainwright: "One Man Guy" (by Loudon Wainwright) off Poses
Kate & Anna McGarrigle: "Schooldays" (another Loudon song, plus vocals help from Loudon & Rufus) off the McGarrigle Hour
---
Loretta Lynn duet w/ Jack White: "Portland, Oregon" from Van Lear Rose
Guy Clark: "Sis Draper" from Cold Dog Soup
"Aint No Trouble to Me" also from Cold Dog Soup
Lyle Lovett: "La to the Left" from I Love Everybody
---
Weepies: "Gotta Have You" (I took this off a Paste magazine sampler CD)
---
Greg Brown: "Driftless" from the Poet Game
Postal Service: "Such Great Heights" from Such Great Heights
Nico: "These Days" from the Royal Tennenbaums sound track
Linda Thompson: "All I See" from Fashionably Late
---
Ricki Lee Jones: "Chuck E's in Love"
Neil Young: "Good to See You" from Silver and Gold
Asie Payton: "I Love You" from the Big Bad Love soundtrack
The Malarkies: "Perversity" from Andiamo
---
Kate Wolf: "Give Yourself to Love" from An Evening in Austin
Robyn Hitchcock & the Egyptians: "Arms of Love" from Respect
Mason Jennings: "Be Here Now" (snagged from another Paste Magazine sampler)
Greg Brown: "Hey Baby Hey" from Further In
---
Regina Spektor: "On the Radio" from Begin to Hope
Lucinda Williams: "2Kool 2 Be 4-Gotten" from Car Wheels on a Gravel Road
Simon & Garfunkel "The Only Living Boy in New York" from the Garden State soundtrack

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different website and thought I may as well check things out.
I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking at your web page again.

Feel free to surf to my blog ... rx7 for sale

Anonymous said...

Can you tell us more about this? I'd want to find out some additional information.

My web-site: 55 Stability Ball

Anonymous said...

Having read this I believed it was rather informative.
I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put
this information together. I once again find myself spending a
lot of time both reading and leaving comments.
But so what, it was still worthwhile!

Take a look at my webpage: heart beat

Anonymous said...

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I
think I would never understand. It seems too complex and very
broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I'll try to get the hang of it!


Look into my site - kids folding table and 4 chairs

Anonymous said...

I am in fact grateful to the holder of this web page who has shared
this great paragraph at here.

Also visit my weblog catholic

Anonymous said...

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your web site
and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.

Anyway I'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.

Feel free to surf to my site: dog family pet and companion

Anonymous said...

Having read this I believed it was extremely enlightening.
I appreciate you taking the time and energy to put this article together.

I once again find myself spending way too much time both reading and posting comments.

But so what, it was still worth it!

Here is my blog; table for your kids