Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Soundings 1-7-09

Ugghhh! It's so cold and the world is so hard. We barely survived the "holidays" and now it's so cold, that the sunshine is barely tolerable, particularly since I just had an eye exam and my head HURTS! If that 's not enough, my ten year old simply decided that he was going to have cranky day. Well for two hours, I get to choose not to be cranky, or angry, or anything but warm and friendly. Here's the anti-cranky play list:

Hush a Bye-Stan Getz and Kenny Barron
I'm Just a Lucky So and So--Vanessa Rubin

Sleep Baby Don't Cry--Bobby Short
Blue Skies--Benny Goodman
Howlin' For My Darlin'--John Hammond
Jump For Joy-- Koko Taylor

Sweet and Lovely--Thelonius Monk & John Coltrane
Pick Yourself Up--Diana Krall
Take Time To Smile--Freddy Cole

(I'm feeling better already, are you?)

Something to Live For--Jane Monheit
Crazy Little Thing Called Love--Michael Buble
Squatty Roo--Oscar Peterson, Ray Brown, & Milt Jackson
Hold Me While I Cry--Irma Thomas

With a Song in My Heart--Chet Baker
You're Just in Love--Louis Prima
I'll Be Glad When You're Dead You Rascal You--Louis Prima

(Sometimes it takes something special to get over the crankiness)

Let Youself Go--Ella Fitzgerald
Have I Told You Lately That I Love You--Freddy Cole
Tippi-Toeing Through The Garden Jungle--Duke Ellington

No comments: