Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday Soundings 1-14-09

Yes. Spelling Bees all around, so it's my ABC's of Jazz & Blues:

Armstrong, Louis--A Kiss to Build a Dream On
Baker, Chet--Well You Needen't
Charles, Ray--Crazy Love W/ Van Morrison
Dirty Dozen Brass Band--God is Love W/Ivan Neville
Ellington, Duke--Jeep's Blues

Fitzgerald, Ella--With a Song in My Heart
Getz, Stan--The Girl From Ipanema
Hawkins, Coleman--Somebody Loves Me
Irma Thomas--Keep the Faith
Jackson, Milt--The Nearness of You
James, Etta--I Can Give You Everything

Krupa, Gene--Leave Us Leap
Krall, Diana--Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby?
Lewis, Ramsey--Give Me Something Real W/Nancy Wilson
Monk, Thelonious--Rhythm-A-Ning
New Orleans Nightcrawlers--Martin's Mambo
Owens, Calvin--Come On Home Baby
Peterson, Oscar--Mack the Knife W/Itzhak Perlman

Queen Bee and the Blue Hornet Band--I Wanna Thank You
Rubin, Vanessa--I Only Have Eyes For You
Sinatra, Frank--Nice 'N' Easy
Terry, Clark--Take the "A" Train
Uptown String Quartet--I Feel Good
Vaughan, Sarah--Just One of Those Thiongs
White, Dr. Michael--My Bucket's Got a Hole in It

That's the ABC's of it ( without the XYZ's of it) That's what I get for indulging in extra J &K songs, but hey, who whouldI have left out? Jazz and Kisses. Can you spell Epistrophy? Thanks for listening :)

No comments: