Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday Soundings "Jazz & Mie" 2-25-09

O.K., I admit, I'm still dizzy from Fat Tuesday, which makes this a good day for fasting (tiny portions) and abstinence (no meat). But really, Ash Wednesday is a very special day for me and Lent a special time. Bless us all with mercy and grace.

Irma Thomas--Ask What You Will
The Soul Stirrers--Lord Remember Me
Allison Krauss--Loves Me Like A Rock
The Blind Boys Of Alabama--Better All The Time
Salvation Music ministry--Search My Heart Lord
Buffy Sainte-Marie--God Is Alive, Magic is Afoot
Cyrus Chestnut--The Old Rugged Cross
The Blind Boys Of Alabama--People Get Ready
Sister Rosetta Tharpe--I'm Gonna Wait Until My Change Come
Fairfield Four--Standing In The Safety Zone
Holmes Brothers--I Want To Be Ready
Irma Thomas--I Will Say Yes Lord

The Fairfield Four--Halleluja
The Blue Sky Boys--Only One Step More
The Cincinatti Pops Orchestra W/Maureen McGovern--Amazing Grace
The Cincinatti Pops W/ Lou Rawls--Amen
Johnny Cash--I'll Fly Away
The Gospel Hummingbirds--Change
The Blind Boys Of Alabama--Faith and Grace (Faith is the realization of things hoped for and evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1)
The Princely Players--Go In the Wilderness
Sister Rosetta Tharpe--The Gospel Train
Elder Roma Wilson--Better Get Ready
Linda Tillery--Stand Tall And Be Happy
Paramount Singers--If I Could Hear My Mother Pray Again
The Homes Brothers--I Shall Not Walk Alone
Sarah Vaugh--A Closer Walk With Thee

Blessings on each and every one of you. Mie.

No comments: