Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday Soundings 3-11-09 Jazz & Mie

Yes Folks, it's the 12 step waltz, 1-2-3. Letting go and giving up the idea that we are in control. Lent is the season to find parts of ourselves that are keeping us from our higher power. Here's the playlist:

Etta James-Give It Up
C.J. Chenier--The Right to Walk Away
Irma Thomas--I Will Say Yes Lord
The Holmes Bros.--I Surrender All
Buckwheat Zydeco--Turning Point

Mavis Staples--Step Into the Light
Louis Prima--There'll Be No Next Time
Benny Goodman--Don't Be That Way
Ruth Brown--Never Let Me Go
Ray Charles--I'm Movin' On
Koko Taylor--Just Can't Let Go

Calvin Cook--Since I Laid My Burden Down
Irma Thomas--Keep the Faith
Gospel Hummingbirds--Change
Cincinatti Pops W/ Jennifer Holliday--Lean On Me
Fairfield Four--Dig a Little Deeper
Cyrus Chestnut--A Blessed Quietness
Billie Holiday--Everything I Have Is Yours

The Monroe Bros.--What Would You Give In Exchange
Lead Belly--Every Time I Feel The Spirit/Swing Low Sweet Chariot/ They Hung Him On The Cross
Madison's Lively Stones--It's Time To Make A Change
Charmaine Faunteroy--Take My Hand Precious Lord
The Soul Stirrers--God Is Able

That's it. Not mine now. Thanks for listening :)

No comments: