Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Soundings 4/3

Friday Soundings - John Gaguine

Nina Simone - I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free, I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl (Simone), I Shall Be Released (Dylan), Gin House Blues

Chet Baker - Heather on the Hill (Lerner/Loewe)
Miles Davis - Concierto de Aranjuez - Adagio movement (Joaquin Rodrigo; arranged and orchestrated by Gil Evans; from the legendary Sketches of Spain album)

Fillmore Slim - Trapped by the Devil, She Don't Love Me (both written by Slim)

Gerry Mulligan - Anthem (Mulligan)
Lin Halliday - Corcovado (Antonio Carlos Jobim)

Magic Slim and the Teardrops - Still a Fool (Muddy Waters), I Don't Believe You Baby (Slim)

Chris Taylor - Children Need a Song to Sing (Taylor)

Diana Krall - Let's Face the Music and Dance (Irving Berlin), I've Got the World on a String (Koehler/Arlen)

Stephen Stills/Al Kooper - from the great 1968 Supersessions album - Season of the Witch (Donovan)

No comments: