Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wednesday Soundings 4-15-09 Jazz & Mie

Buenos Dias, Velkomen, Hi Ya. Enjoying the idea of a world of vivid colors today. (Putting it together as I go, really) Hope you like it:

The Preserves--What Are Your Colors
The Gospel Hummingbirds-- Blowing in the Wind
Ruth Brown--I'm Gonna Move to the Outskirts of Town W/Bonnie Raitt
Ray Charles--Heaven Help Us All W/Gladys Knight

Stan Getz--Desafinado
Chet Baker--Born to be Blue
Vanessa Rubin--Mosaic
Paquito D'Rivera--Corcovado
Nancy Wilson--Just the Way You Are

James Cotton--Mean Old World
Blind Boys of Alabama--If I Could Help Somebody
Irma Thomas--Shelter in the Rain
Bill Monroe & Doc Watson--What Would You Give in Exchange forYour Soul
Ruth Brown--I Believe I Can Fly
Dr. Michael White--Caribbean Girl (A New Orleans Calypso)

Mose Allison--Everybody's Crying Mercy
Irma Thomas-- I Wish I Knew How it Would Feel ot be Free
Blind Boys of Alabama--Free at Last
James Cotton--When You Got a Good Friend W/Marcia Ball
The Holmes Brothers--(What's so Funny 'bout) Peace, Love, and Undertanding?

That's my world of colors for you. Love Ya, Mie.

No comments: