Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday Soundings 6-17 Jazz & Mie "Dog Days"

Yes this is the dog days of summer. That ol' dog star Sirius is howlin for me. And I'm howlin' for my baby (o.k. that's John Hammond) but i'm right there with him. Ready to roll over and get my belly scratched. C'mon, makeme pant...

Big Mama Thorton--Hound Dog
Little Charlie & the Night Cats--Dog Eat Dog
Marcia Ball-- Let Me Play With Your Poodle
C.J. Chenier--Road Dog
Johnny Winter--No More Doggin'
Saffire--Don't Treat Your Man Like A Dog
Luther "Guitar Jr." Johnson--Graveyard Dogs
Dr. John-- How Come My Dog Don't Bark When You Come Around
Tom Waits--Rain Dogs
Bob Dylan--If Dogs Run Free w/ Maeretha Stewart bacup v.
John Hammond--Howlin' For My Darlin'
Muddy Waters--My Dog Can't Bark
Peggy Lee--He's a Tramp

John Lee Hooker--Six Little Puppies and Twelve Shaggy Hounds
Lightning Hopkins--Shaggy Dog
Muddy Waters--Howling Wolf
Etta James--Hound Dog
Hound Dog Taylor--The Dog Meets The Wolf
Johnny Winter--Lone Wolf
Jimmy Thackery--Bone Pickin
Koko Taylor--Please Don't Dog Me
(Well, I've got us almost all the way through two hours of dog days blues, but just to pad it out, here's a few cat songs).
Albert Collins & Johnny Copeland--Black Cat Bone
Katie Webster--Pussy Cat Moan
Duke Robillard--Buy Me a Dog
Ronnie Earl--Wolf Dance

Thanks for listening, go out in the woods and do it like dogs, Love ya, Mie.

No comments: