Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday Soundings 6-24-09 Jazz & Mie

Howdy every one. Well, last week, I said I'd be doing a cool cats show today, but someone I love just lost his brother yesterday, So I'll be mixing up a little sympathy with the kitties:

Louis Armstrong--Tiger Rag
Stan Getz--Amorous Cat
Ray Charles--Two Old Cats Like Us
Katie Webster--Mama Cat Cuttin' No Slack

Diane Schuur--You've Got To Hurt Before You Heal
Dirty Dozen Brass Band--I'll Fly Away
Irma Thomas--Hold Me While I Cry
Louis Prima--When The Saints Go Marching In

Disney--Everybody Wants To Be a Cat
J. Geils--Wholly Cats
Butch Thompson--Tom Cat Blues
Henri Mancini--The Pink Panther Theme
Disney--The Siamese Cat Song

The Homes Brothers--I Shall Not Walk Alone
Irma Thomas--Shelter In The Rain
Bob Telson--Now Let The Weeping Cease

C.J. Chenier--Lion's Den
Buddy Guy--Black Cat Blues
C.J. Chenier--Part-Time Woman
Bill Wharton--Doggin My Cat
Katie Webster--Pussy Cat Moan
Roy Rogers--Black Cat Bone

Leadbelly--Midnight Special
Saffire--Tomorrow Ain't Promised
The Holmes Bros--Up Above My Head
Mavis Staples--Stand By Me
Bill Withers--Lean On Me

Well, yes, some kitty cats, some sympathy, all mixed up in lots of great music. Thanks for listening, take care of each other, Love Ya, Mie.

No comments: