Monday, August 31, 2009

A Little Bit of Broadway

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Leader of the Pack

A “jukebox musical” before the term was invented, Leader of the Pack is the story of pop music singer, songwriter and record producer Ellie Greenwich (10/23/1940 – 8/26/2009). Debuting in 1984, this musical tells of story of her life through her songs, which includes many of the major doo-wop hits of early 1960’s - The Ronettes, The Crystals, Neil Diamond, Manfred Mann, The Shangri-Las, The Raindrops, Tommy James & the Shondells, Bob B. Soxx & the Blue Jeans, Darlene Love, Lesley Gore, Connie Francis, Ike and Tina Turner, just to name a few. The show itself had its problems, but the music was never considered one of them!

Act I
• Be My Baby
• Wait 'til My Bobby Gets Home
• A . . . My Name Is Ellie
• Jivette Boogie Beat
• Why Do Lovers Break Each Other's Hearts
• Today I Met the Boy I'm Gonna Marry
• I Wanna Love Him So Bad
• Do Wah Diddy
• And Then He Kissed Me
• Hanky Panky
• Not Too Young To Get Married
• Chapel Of Love
• The Songwriter's Medley

Act II
• Baby I Love You
• Leader of the Pack
• Look of Love
• Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
• I Can Hear Music
• Rock of Rages
• Keep It Confidential
• Da Doo Ron Ron
• What a Guy
• Maybe I Know
• River Deep, Mountain High
• We're Gonna Make It After All

Music: Ellie Greenwich
Lyrics: Ellie Greenwich, Jeff Barry, Phil Spector, Shadow Morton, Jeff Kent, Ellen Foley
Book: Anne Beatts
Basis: The life of Ellie Greenwich
Productions: 1984 Off-Broadway
1985 Broadway

Cast:
Dinah Manoff
Patrick Cassidy
Jasmine Guy
Annie Golden
Darlene Love
Ellie Greenwich

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

Anonymous said...

Good article. Thank you.
http://thewallpapersru.blog.com/2011/01/08/cheap-mazindol

Anonymous said...

I would like to more know about it. asthma