Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Little Bit of Broadway

Lionel Bart's Oliver!

Based on a classic Victorian novel by Charles Dickens, Oliver is filled with wonderful music, great roles, and lots of kids! A major hit, first on the West End, then on Broadway, and later with regional theaters all over the world, it’s hard to find anyone who doesn’t know music from this show!

Overture/Food, Glorious Food
Oliver!
I shall scream
Boy for Sale; Where is love?
Consider Yourself
You've got to pick a pocket or two
It's a fine life
I'd do anything
Be back Soon
Oom-pah-pah
My name
As long as he needs me
Who will buy?
Reviewing the situation
As long as he needs me (reprise)
Reviewing the situation (Reprise)
Finale

Music, Lyrics, Book:
Lionel Bart
Basis: Charles Dickens' novel Oliver Twist


Well, while we are talking about boy performers, let’s listen to some selections from The Boy from Oz, about the life of entertainer Peter Allan.

When I get my name in lights
When I get my name in lights (reprise)
Everything Old is New again
Everything Old is New again (reprise)
Finale: I go to Rio

No comments: