Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday Soundings 12/11

Host - John Gaguine

Joe Cocker - Do I Still Figure in Your Life?, Cry Me a River, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (big hit for the Animals back in the 60s)

Gerry Gibbs Sextet - Rockin' in Rhythm (Duke Ellington), Impressions (John Coltrane)

Candye Kane - White Trash Girl, I Wanna Do More (Lieber and Stoller), Let There Be Peace on Earth

Billy Joe Walker, Jr. - Luis, Looks Like It's Gonna Rain Today (Walker and J.D. Souther, with Souther on vocals), Moon for the Misbegotten (Walker and Nanci Griffith, with Griffith singing)

Ike Turner - Down and Out, Gave You What You Wanted
Betty Everett and Willie Dixon Band (with Ike on piano) - I'll Weep No More

Crystal Gayle - Cry Me a River, All My Tomorrows (Cahn and Van Heusen), Sentimental Journey, For All We Know - all from the very fine 2003 CD All My Tomorrows

Joe Cocker - Blue Medley - I'll Drown in My Own Tears, When Something Is Wrong with My Baby (Isaac Hayes), I've Been Loving You Too Long (Otis Redding) - from the album of Joe Cocker's 1970 tour, Mad Dogs and Englishmen

Stan Getz - Early Autumn (1960), Manha de Carnival (1962; by Luis Bonfa, from the great 1959 movie Black Orpheus)

Candye Kane - All You Can Eat (and You Can Eat It All Night Long)

No comments: