Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Soundings 1/15

Host - John Gaguine

It's R&B day today!

Shirley Brown - It Ain't No Fun

Otis Redding - That's How Strong My Love Is, When Something Is Wrong with My Baby (with Carla Thomas), Try a Little Tenderness, I've Been Loving You Too Long (to Stop Now)

Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
Aretha Franklin - Loving You Baby (Curtis Mayfield)
Mavis Staples - Since I Fell for You

Chambers Brothers - People Get Ready (C. Mayfield), I Can't Turn You Loose (Otis Redding)
Ivory Joe Hunter - Since I Met You Baby (Hunter)
Ray Charles - Hit the Road, Jack; What'd I Say? (Part 1)

Ruth Brown - 5, 10, 15 Hours
LaVern Baker - Play It Fair
The Robins - Smokey Joe's Cafe
Joe Turner - The Chill Is On

Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go?, My World Is Empty Without You (both Holland-Dozier-Holland)
Temptations - The Way You Do the Things You Do (Smokey Robinson)
Four Tops - Baby I Need Your Loving, Standing in the Shadows of Love (both HDH again)

Percy Sledge - When a Man Loves a Woman
Jimmy Ruffins - What Becomes of the Broken-Hearted?

Margie Joseph - Your Sweet Loving
Aretha - Chain of Fools, (You Make Me Feel Like a) Natural Woman (Carole King, Gerry Goffin and Jerry Wexler), Who's Zoomin' Who?
Mabel John - Running Out (Ashford and Simpson)

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On?



Ivory

No comments: