Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Soundings 2/12

Host - John Gaguine

Valentine's Day Show

Robin Braun and the Eric Gunnison Trio - My Funny Valentine (Lorenz Hart/Richard Rodgers)

Two by Cole Porter -
Frank Sinatra - I Get a Kick Out of You
Jane Monheit - Do I Love You?

Holmes Bros - And I Love Her (the Beatles hit)
Solomon Burke - It Don't Get No Better Than This

Karrin Allyson - Mind on My Man (Carly Simon), The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Ewan MacColl, made famous by Roberta Flack)

Wayne Toups and Zydecajun - I Saw Johnnie Dance, Ma Belle, Every Man Needs a Woman
Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Pride and Joy

Kim Nalley - I Put a Spell on You (Screamin' Jay Hawkins)

Susan Tedeschi - Sweet Forgiveness (Iris DeMent), Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever (Stevie Wonder/Ivy George Hunter)

Nnenna Freelon - Ma Cherie Amour (Stevie Wonder)
Chris Botti (trumpet) and Paula Cole (vocals) - My One and Only Love

Ann Peebles - Just You Just Me
Otis Redding - That's How Strong My Love Is

Frank Sinatra - Someone to Watch Over Me (Gershwins), A Foggy Day (with Willie Nelson), You Make Me Feel So Young (with Charles Aznavour)

Cheryl Bentyne - I Didn't Know About You (Duke Ellington), The Very Thought of You (Ray Noble)

Botti (with Sting on vocals) - What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life? (Marilyn and Alan Bergman and Michel LeGrand)

No comments: