Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday Crosscurrents 2/10

Hosts - John Gaguine and Mike Godkin

Valentine's Day Show!

Flamingos - I Only Have Eyes for You

Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
Chiffons - He's So Fine
Shirelles - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
Mamas and the Papas - Dedicated to the One I Love (originally by the Shirelles)

Mamas and Papas - You Baby
Lovin' Spoonful - You Didn't Have to Be So Nice
Everly Brothers - Let It Be Me
Jim Croce - I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song

Three songs about the beginnings of a romance (maybe) -
Ronettes - Be My Baby
Supremes - Come See about Me
ABBA - Take a Chance on Me

Fleetwoods - Come Softly to Me
Elvis Presley - Love Me Tender
Jim Croce - Time in a Bottle
Dusty Springfield - I Only Want to Be with You
Neil Diamond - Cherry, Cherry
Romantics - What I Like About You

Two songs about love so great that the lover gives up her love, because it's not right for his or her loved one -
Linda Ronstadt - I Will Always Love You (Dolly Parton)
Four Seasons - Dawn (Go Away)

(The late) England Dan (Seals) and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Like to See You Tonight
(Jim) Seals (Dan's brother) and (Dash) Crofts - Diamond Girl
Bread - I'd Really Like to Make It with You

Three great songs of unrequited love -
Donovan - Catch the Wind
Linda Ronstadt - Long, Long Time
Joni Mitchell - Conversation

Teddy Bears (with the young, non-murderous Phil Spector) - To Know Him Is to Love Him
Five Satins - In the Still of the Night
Beatles - If I Fell, And I Love Her

George Harrison - What Is Life?

No comments: