Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Soundings 3/19

Host - John Gaguine

John Jorgenson Quintet - Slide Sister Slide

Pat Benatar - Payin' the Cost to Be the Boss (BB King), I've Got Papers on You (BB King again), Evening

Derek Trucks Band - Bock to Bock, Drown in My Own Tears (Gregg Allman, vocals)

Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue, You Belong to Me (the old Duprees hit), Falling in Love Again (the old Marlene Dietrich hit), Hallelujah I Love Him So (Ray Charles), Why Have You Left the One You Left Me for?

James Blood Ulmer - Spoonful, I Just Want to Make Love to You, Back Door Man (all written by Willie Dixon)

Bruce Forman - How Long Has This Been Going on? (Gershwins), Un Poco Loco (Bud Powell)

Pamela Rose - That Ole Devil Called Love, I'm in the Mood for Love

Jimmy Vivino and the Rekooperators - produced by and featuring on keyboards the underappreciated genius Al Kooper (get it? Rekooperators?) - Strange Things Happening (Percy Mayfield), Little Geneva (Muddy Waters), Got to Move (Elmore James)

More Al Kooper -
Blood, Sweat and Tears (the first and best version) - I Can't Quit Her - from the great album Child Is Father to the Man
Al Kooper and Mike Bloomfield - from the Supersession album - Stop

Frank Tate and friends - O Grande Amor (Jobim)

No comments: