Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Soundings 4/2

Host - John Gaguine

Last day of pledge drive!

Jon Faddis, trumpet, and Vivian Cherry, vocals - Reckless Blues (old Bessie Smith/Louis Armstrong tune)

Van Morrison, Lonnie Donegan and Chris Barber - Goin' Home, Good Morning Blues (Leadbelly), Midnight Special - all from the fine CD, The Skiffle Sessions - Live in Belfast

Judy Garland, live in concert 1961 - Zing! Went the Strings of My Heart, Putting on the Ritz (Irving Berlin), Chicago, Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Yip Harburg, Harold Arlen)

Laura Nyro and Labelle - (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (Carole King and Gerry Goffin), Up on the Roof (King/Goffin), It's Gonna Take a Miracle

Memphis Horns - Take Me to the River (written by Al Green and Mabon Hodges, vocals by Etta James, vocals), I've Been Loving You Too Long (written by Otis Redding, vocals by Warren Haynes)

Kim Nalley - My Baby Just Cares for Me (Gus Kahn/Walter Donaldson), I Need My Sugar (Nalley), I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free

Derek and the Dominos (Eric Clapton and company) - I Looked Away (Clapton and Bobby Whitlock), Why Does Love Have to Be So Sad? (Clapton/Whitlock), Key to the Highway (Charles Segar and Big Bill Broonzy)

No comments: