Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Little Bit of Broadway

Frank Loesser
(1910-1969)

This summer Frank Loesser would have celebrated his 100th birthday. In honor of that, the Kennedy Center Monday night is hosting a celebration of his music (he wrote over 700 songs, so there are lots to choose from). Today, we’ll host a little celebration of our own.


I Hear Music -Peggy Lee
Once In Love With Amy - Dean Martin
A Bushel And A Peck -Margaret Whiting
I Wish I Didn't Love You So –Betty Hutton
Standing On The Corner - The Four Freshmen
Joey, Joey, Joey - Nancy Wilson
(I Got Spurs) Jingle Jangle Jingle Trudy Erwin
I Don't Want To Walk Without You -Helen Forrest
If I Were A Bell - Jan Garber
Heart And Soul-Sue Raney
My Darling, My Darling - Jo Stafford
Hoop-Dee-Doo Kay Starr

Music from Guys and Dolls (original cast)
--- Fugue for Tinhorns/Follow the Fold
--- The oldest established
--- Luck be a lady

--- Sue Me
--- Sit down, you’re rockin’ the boat


The Most Happy Fella
(Robert Weede and Jo Sullivan Loesser)
--- Like a women loves a man
--- My heart is so full of you

The Moon Of Manakoora - Les Paul And Mary Ford
On A Slow Boat To China - Benny Goodman And His Orchestra
I Believe In You -Peggy Lee
I've Never Been In Love Before -Chet Baker
Baby, It's Cold Outside - Margaret Whiting
What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - Nancy Wilson
Praise The Lord And Pass The Ammunition - Kay Kyser
Bubbles In The Wine -Freddy Martin

Hear an interview from Saturday's Weekend Edition with Jo Sullivan Loesser about her husband and his music.

No comments: