Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Soundings 8/13

Host - John Gaguine

Let's start with some songs for my new sweetie, Jo Anne

Frank Sinatra - The Way You Look Tonight (Jerome Kern and Dorothy Fields), I've Got You Under My Skin (Cole Porter), I Get A Kick Out of You (Porter), The Best Is Yet to Come (Cy Coleman and Carolyn Leigh)

Nnenna Freelon - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? (Carole King and Gerry Goffin) (co-vocalist Jon Lucien), Prelude to a Kiss (Duke Ellington, I. Mills and I. Gordon), It's You I Like (Fred Rogers, of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood)

Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm - Rocket 88, Feeling Lowdown, Tore Up, Baby's Got It

Frank Sinatra, with Stevie Wonder and Gladys Knight - For Once in My Life (Wonder)
Sinatra, with Linda Ronstadt - Moonlight in Vermont
Sinatra, with Chrissie Hynde - Luck Be a Lady (Frank Loesser, from Guys and Dolls)

Ray Charles - What I Say, parts 1 and 2; Hit the Road, Jack; Still Crazy after All These Years (Paul Simon)

Sinatra, with Willie Nelson - A Foggy Day (Gershwins)
Sinatra, with Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme - Where or When
Sinatra, with Charles Aznavour - You Make Me Feel So Young

Charles, with Norah Jones - Here We Go Again
Charles, with Bonnie Raitt - Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?
Charles, with Van Morrison - Crazy Love (Morrison)

Deering and Down - Rocket Around, The Ride

No comments: