Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Soundings 8/27

Host - John Gaguine

Billie Holiday - What a Little Moonlight Will Do, God Bless the Child (co-written by her), I Cover the Waterfront, Lady Sings the Blues

Phantom Blues Band - I Only Have Love, Rain Down Tears, Yield Not to Temptation, Mary Ann (Ray Charles)

Patti Austin - How Can I Be Sure? (the Young Rascals tune), Monday Monday (the Mamas and Papas song), Nobody to Dance with

Katie Webster - When Something Is Wrong with My Baby (Isaac Hayes), Jesus Loves Me/Only a Look

Dr. Michael White, New Orleans clarinetist extraordinaire - St. Phillip Street Breakdown, Petite Fleur (Little Flower), Shreveport Stomp

Etta James - If I Had Any Pride at All, I've Been Loving You Too Long (Otis Redding), Love's Been Rough on Me - all from her CD, Love's Been Rough on Me

Karrin Allyson - All I Want (Joni Mitchell), Wild for You Baby (Bonnie Raitt song), The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress (Jimmy Webb, done by Linda Ronstadt)

Les McCann/Eddie Harris - Compared to What? - live from the Montreux Jazz Festival, 1969

No comments: