Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday Soundings 9/28

Host - John Gaguine, sitting in for Martha

Eva Cassidy - Chain of Fools, Ain't Doing Too Bad, At Last, If I Give My Heart (early Alison Krauss song, written by John Gaguine)

Memphis Horns - Take Me to the River (Etta James, vocals), I've Been Loving You Too Long (Otis Redding; Warren Haynes, vocals); I'm Just Another Soldier (Mavis Staples)

BB King - Mannish Boy (backed up by The Band, from The Last Waltz soundtrack); Need Your Love So Bad (with Sheryl Crow), Rock This House (with Elton John)

Freddie King (1934 - 1976) - That's All Right, Key to the Highway (Big Bill Broonzy), Dust My Broom (Elmore James)

Tracy Nelson - Don't Go No Further (Willie Dixon), Send Me to the 'Lectric Chair (Bessie Smith), I Feel So Good (Broonzy), (I Was) Good to You Baby

Eric Clapton - Five Long Years (Eddie Boyd), I'm Tore Down (Sonny Thompson), Bell Bottom Blues (Clapton live; the song is from the Derek and the Dominos album, one of the all-time great albums),

BB king - There Must Be a Better World Somewhere (Doc Pomus and Dr. John, with Gloria Estefan)
Clapton - Have You Ever Loved a Woman?

No comments: