Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tideline 24 Nov. 2010

Kickin' it with your host, Angelina: Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

Here is a mixture of songs that sounded good on a rainy night before Thanksgiving...some are about missing loved ones, going home and not being home with loved ones.

That Certain Female (Charlie Feathers)
Baby Scratch My Back (Slim Harpo)
Rack Em Up (Jonny Lang)
Blue Moon Revisited (The Cowboy Junkies)

Lay Down My Worries (Harry Manx)
Well Well Well (Lucinda Williams)
Heavenly Day (Patty Griffin)
What Am I to You? (Norah Jones)

Thanksgiving Day (Guy Davis)
Get to the Table on time (M. Ward)
Dying Day (Brandi Carlile)
Mama Said (Ruthie Foster)

I Miss You So (John Lee Hooker, Jr.)
Bend (Meg Mackey)
Sombrero (Meg Mackey)

You Are My Sunshine (Norman Blake)
I Walk the Line (Johnny Cash)
Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress (The Hollies)
Green River (CCR)

Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World ("IZ" Israel Kamakawiw'ole)
What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong)
When I Grow too Old to Dream (Nat King Cole)
At Last (Etta James)

Walking To New Orleans (Fats Domino)
Baby, Won't You Please Come Back Home? (Preservation Hall Jazz Band with Amy Levere)
When Will You Come Back Home (Ryan Adams)
Write My Ticket Home (Tift Merritt)

No comments: