Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday Soundings 12/10

Host- John Gaguine

Nina Simone - Since I Fell for You, I Shall Be Released, That's All I Want from You, Gin House Blues

Mel Torme - The Christmas Song
Diana Krall - Let It Snow

Kim Nalley - Trouble in Mind, I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free (both from a Nina Simone tribute CD)

Chet Baker - Heather on the Hill (Lerner and Loewe, from Brigadoon)

Diane Schuur - Stormy Monday Blues, Who Will the Next Fool Be?, You've Got to Hurt Before You Heal

Michael Feinstein - Song

Frank Sinatra - Someone to Watch Over Me (Gershwins), It Was a Very Good Year, Luck Be a Lady (with Chrissie Hynde; from Frank Loesser's Guys and Dolls)

Simone - A Single Woman (Rod McKuen), Marry Me (Simone), I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl

Nalley - Goin' to New York, Our Day Will Come (early 60s hit for Ruby and the Romantics)

Schuur - They Say It's Wonderful (Irving Berlin), Some Other Time (Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne)

Baker - I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face (Lerner and Loewe, from My Fair Lady)

No comments: