Saturday, July 2, 2011

Crosscurrents with Sue B.
Friday, July 1, 2011

I've lived in Alaska for fourteen years, and my sister and brother (and their families) came to visit for the first time ever, this week!

In honor of them, it's songs about brothers and sisters, by groups that are brothers and sisters or groups that call themselves Brothers and Sisters whether they are or not...plus a couple of shout-out songs selected by my brother and sister!

Boswell Sisters: Shout, Sister Shout
Bird Sisters: Get Up and Fly
Chenille Sisters: Help! I'm Turning into My Parents; Frank Mills
Cowsills: Hair; The Rain, the Park, and Other Things
Isley Brothers: Respectable; Move Over and Let Me Dance
Everly Brothers: Talking to the Flowers; Bye Bye Love
Theme song from tv program Brothers & Sisters
Pointer Sisters: Jump (For My Love)
Jackson 5: Never Can Say Goodbye; I'll Be There
Elvis Presley: Little Sister
Heart: Crazy on You
Chris Cornell: Sweet Euphoria
Prince: Diamonds and Pearls
Steve Ray Vaughn: Look at Little Sister
Ritchy Brothers: When It's Time for the Whiporwill to Sing; Weary Lonesome Blues
Stanley Brothers: Angel Band
Harry McClintock: Big Rock Candy Mountain
Carpenters: Yesterday Once More
Sam Glaser: One Big Happy Family

No comments: