Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Soundings 8/26

Host - John Gaguine

Jazz and blues tunes, mostly for my new sweetie Cindy

Karrin Allyson - All I Want (Joni Mitchell), I Got Eyes (Melissa Manchester), The Right Thing to Do (Carly Simon)

Ray Charles - I've Got a Woman, This Little Girl of Mine, Hallelujah I Love Her So, What'd I Say (Part I) (all written or co-written by Charles)

Cheryl Bentyne - I Didn't Know About You (Duke Ellington, Bob Russell), You'd Be So Nice to Come Home to (Cole Porter), The Very Thought of You (Ray Noble)

The Carpenters, with the magnificent voice of Karen Carpenter - We've Only Just Begun (Paul Williams), Top of the World (Richard Carpenter), It's Going to Take Some Time (Carole King/Toni Stern)

In Memoriam, Jerry Leiber (lyricist for the great songwriting duo Leiber and (Mike) Stoller -
George Benson - On Broadway (Leiber, Stoller, Barry Mann, Cynthia Weill)

Muddy Waters - I Just Want to Make Love to You, I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man, I'm Ready (all by Willie Dixon)

Susan Tedeschi - Sweet Forgiveness (Iris DeMint), You've Got the Silver (Mick Jagger and Keith Richards), Soul of a Man

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Mississippi Kid, Poison Whiskey

International Allstars playing tunes Benny Goodman made famous - You Brought a New Kind of Love to Me, After You've Gone

Ray Charles and B.B. King - Sinner's Prayer

No comments: