Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Crosscurrents 8/29

Host - John Gaguine, sitting in for Trish C.

Neil Young - My My Hey Hey (Out of the Blue), Hey Hey My My (Into the Black) (same song, but heavy electric), Cinnamon Girl

Elton John - Burn Down the Mission, Candle in the Wind

For Cindy -
Blood, Sweat and Tears (the original group, with Al Kooper) - So Much Love (Carole King/Gerry Goffin)
Buffalo Springfield - Sit Down I Think I Love You

Derek and the Dominos (Eric Clapton and company) - Layla (Clapton and Jim Gordon), I Looked Away (Clapton and Bobby Whitlock), Little Wing (Jimi Hendrix)

The Bangles - Manic Monday
The Go-Gos - We Got the Beat, Vacation
Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band - Night Moves, Against the Wind

Sam and Dave set -
Blues Brothers (Jake and Elwood Blues, aka J0hn Belushi and Dan Ackroyd) - Soul Man
Sam and Dave - Hold on I'm Coming, I Thank You

Dead Man Winter (newly formed country rock group from Minnesota that performed last week at the JACC, featuring three musicians from the bluegrass group Trampled by Turtles) - Golden, House of Glory, New Orleans

Blind Faith (one-album supergroup from around 1970 with Eric Clapton and Stevie Winwood) - Sea of Joy
Gene Clark (now deceased former member of the Byrds) - I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better (written by Clark, and featured on the Byrds' first album)
Crosby, Stills and Nash - Southern Cross (a comeback hit for them in 1986)



No comments: