Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday Crosscurrents 8/24

Host - John Gaguine

To start, several sets for my new sweetie, Cindy

Marianne Faithfull - Something Good
Seals and Crofts - Diamond Girl
Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - It's Too Late to Turn Back Now
Jim Croce - I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song

Mary Chapin Carpenter - Passionate Kisses, Shut Up and Kiss Me
James Taylor - How Sweet It Is to Be Loved by You

Tom Rush - Tin Angel (Joni Mitchell)
Flamingos - I Only Have Eyes for You
Shelby Lynne - I Only Want to be with You (the Dusty Springfield hit)

Lovin' Spoonful - You Didn't Have to be So Nice, You and Me and Rain on the Roof
Sopwith Camel - Hello Hello
Turtles - You Baby
Monkees - I'm a Believer (Neil Diamond)
Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park

Eva Cassidy - You Take My Breath Away
Donovan - Jennifer Juniper

In Memoriam - Jerry Leiber, lyricist for the great songwriting pair Leiber and (Mike) Stoller
Big Mama Thornton - Hound Dog
Elvis - Jailhouse Rock
Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
Ben E. King - Stand by Me
Jay and the Americans - Come a Little Bit Closer

In Memoriam - Nick Ashford, half of the great songwriting pair (and married couple) Ashford and (Valerie) Simpson
Fifth Dimension - California Soul
Marvin Gaye - Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing
Gaye and Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Turtles - She'd Rather Be with Me
Beau Brummels - Laugh Laugh
We Five - You Were on My Mind
Youngbloods- Get Together

Fifth Dimension - Last Night I Didn't Get to Sleep At All
George Harrison - What Is Life?

1 comment:

cindyinjuneau said...

Thank you John! I thoroughly enjoyed the music. Cindy