Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Soundings 11/18

Host - John Gaguine

Patti Austin - You're the One that I Want (from Grease), I Can Cook Too (Leonard Bernstein, from On the Town), Love is Gonna Getcha

Eric Bibb, Rory Block, Maria Muldaur - Don't Ever Let Nobody Drag Your Spirit Down (Bibb), Lean on Me (Bill Withers)

Maynard Ferguson - On Green Dolphin Street, Come Rain or Come Shine

Michael Feinstein with Burton Lane, piano, performing songs of Lane - How Could You Believe Me When I Said I Love You When You Know I've Been a Liar All My Life, One More Walk Around the Garden, How Are Things in Glocca Morra (from Finian's Rainbow, 1947)

Nnenna Freelon - I Say a Prayer (Burt Bacharach and Hal David), Paper Moon (Harold Arlen/Yip Harburg)

Eva Cassidy - Ain't No Sunshine (Bill Withers), Kathy's Song (Paul Simon), The Water Is Wide (traditional)

Stephane Grappelli - On the Sunny Side of the Street, Ain't Misbehavin' (Fats Waller)

Ann Austin - Tell Me Not to Love You, Oh Me Oh My (I'm a Fool for You Baby)

Patti Austin - In My Life (Austin), Someone to Watch Over Me (George and Ira Gershwin), Look What You've Done to Me (Boz Scaggs)

Robin Trower - Daydream

No comments: