Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday Soundings 11/25

Host - John Gaguine

John Lee Hooker - Mr. Lucky, Backstabber, Boom Boom

Hooker and Carlos Santana and others - The Healer, Chill Out (Things Gonna Change)

Hooker and Van Morrison - Gloria, Wasted Years

Ray Charles and Johnny Mathis - Over the Rainbow
Charles and Norah Jones - Here We Go Again

Irma Thomas - Thinking About You (co-written by Norah Jones, with her on the piano)
Jones - What Am I to You (Jones), Be Here to Love Me (Townes Van Zandt)

Isley Brothers - Testify (with Jimi Hendrix on guitar)
Jimi Hendrix Experience - Day Tripper (Lennon/McCartney)
Derek and the Dominos (Eric Clapton, Duane Allman and others) (from possibly the best rock n roll album of all time) - Little Wing (Hendrix)

Irma Thomas - If I Had Any Sense I'd Go Back Home (Dr. John, piano), Same Old Blues (Marcia Ball, piano), I Think It's Going to Rain Today (Randy Newman,songwriter and piano)

Joe Cocker - Do I Still Figure in Your Life, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, With a Little Help from My Friends (Lennon/McCartney)

John Lee Hooker - Father Was a Jockey (with John Hammond on harmonica)
Derek and the Dominos - I Looked Away

No comments: