Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Sunrise with Rick M. 2/18/12 Playlist 8am-10am

1. Sigur Rós - Glósóli

2. Gotye ft. Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know
3. Joanna Newsom - Monkey & Bear
4. Devendra Banhart - Little Yellow Spider
5. Horse Feathers - Fit Against The Country

6. Radiohead - In Limbo
7. Califone - Apple
8. Ugly Casanova - Spilled Milk Factory
9. Andrew Bird - Not A Robot, But AGhost
10. Wilco - Radio Cure
11. Feist - Sea Lion Woman

12. The Decemberists - The Crane Wife 1 & 2
13. Mt. Egypt - St. Augustine's Road
14. Megapuss - Duck People Duck Man

15. Of Monsters and Men - Dirty Paws
16. Other Lives - Tamer Animals
17. Miracles of Modern Science - Friend Of The Animals
18. Hafdís Huld - Plastic Halo
19. Patrick Watson - Big Bird In A Small Cage
20. Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - As I Sat Sadly By Her Side

21. Sigur Rós - Hafsól

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I happen to hear "Dirty Paws" for the first time, and it made me think of "Monkey & Bear" ... which set me on a course making a playlist for the girl I love of the Magic Lives of Animals. ...I go so far as to add "Wham City" and "I'm Alive" from The Last Unicorn and was stuck. (I'm not a big indie kid, though I do enjoy it, I just don't have the musical vocabulary in that genre) I then googled "Dirty Paws" and "Monkey and Bear" (being the real feel I was going for) and found this from about a year ago. I have not heard almost any of these songs, but I love them and they are perfect. Thank you Rick M. from a stranger from Chicago leaving for Africa and trying to make a sweet girl smile through the magic of our hive connected world.