Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday Crosscurrents 2/15

Host - John Gaguine

Since I wasn't here last week to play Valentine's Day music before that day, here's a show of love songs one day late.

Jim Croce - Time in a Bottle, I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song

Mamas and Papas - Dedicated to the One I Love,
Turtles - You Baby
Lovin' Spoonful - You Didnt Have to Be So Nice
Simon and Garfunkel - To Emily, Where I Might Find Her

Shelby Lynne (from her Dusty Springfield tribute album) - I Only Want to be with You
Jesse Colin Young - Morning Sun
Patti Larkin - Tango

Buffy Sainte-Marie - Sometimes When I Get to Thinking, Until It's Time for You to Go
Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey

Ronettes - Be My Baby
Supremes - Come See About Me
Buffalo Springfield - Sit Down I Think I Love You

Beatles and post-Beatles set -
Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There, Here There and Everywhere
Judy Collins - In My Life
Paul McCartney and Wings - Maybe I'm Amazed
George Harrison - What is Life?

Bob Dylan set -
Joan Baez - Love Minus Zero/No Limit
Dylan - Tonight I'll Be Staying Here with You
Maria Muldaur - You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When you Go
Linda Ronstadt - I'll Be Your Baby Tonight

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin
Donovan - Jennifer Juniper
Gordon Lightfoot - Your Love's Return (Song for Stephen Foster)
Tom Rush - Tin Angel (Joni Mitchell)

Bruce Springsteen - Rosalita

No comments: