Friday, April 13, 2012

FridaySoundings 4/13

Host - John Gaguine, sitting in for Leif Saya

Guy Van Dusen (guitar) and Billy Novick (clarinet) - A Closer Walk with Thee

Ann Austin - Tell ME Not to Leave You (Austin), Once Upon a Time

Jimmy SMith (organ) - John Brown's Body (aka The Battle Hymn of the Republic), Scrapple from the Apple (Charlie Parker)

Marcelle Gauvin - I Believe in You (Frank Loesser, of Guys and Dolls fame), Double Rainbow (Antonio Carlos Jobim), Fixing a Hole (Lennon/McCartney, from Sgt. Pepper's)

Sarah Vaughn, with choir and Dixieland band whose identities are lost to history - A Closer Walk with Thee - live, 1969

Stan Getz, tenor sax, and Laurindo Almeida, guitar - Menina Moca (Young Lady) (Luis Antonio), Corcovado (Jobim)

Jane Monheit - I'll Be Seeing You, A Case of You (Joni Mitchell), I Won't Dance (with Michael Buble)

George Thorogood and the Destroyers - Bad to the Bone, Move It on Over (Hank Williams), I'm a Steady Rolling Mna (Robert Johnson)

Nnenna Freelon - It's You I Like (Fred Rogers, of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood), My Cherie Amour (Stevie Wonder)

Jim Pepper - Witchi-Tai-To
Brewer and Shipley -same song

No comments: