Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday Crosscurrents 4/25

Host - John Gaguine

Today, at the suggestion of my friend Lori Fredenberg, I'll be playing songs that I, and probably many other people, can recognize after a couple of seconds.  (Well,  I may throw in a few that aren't so widely known but that I love.)  Test yourself!  See if you, like me, use half of your finite number of brain cells on popular music!

Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al
Neil Young - Hey Hey My My (Into the Black)

Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
Mamas and Papas - California Dreaming
Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA

? and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
Pretenders - Back on the Chain Gang
Rolling Stones - Satisfaction

Doors - Light My Fire
Byrds - Wasn't Born to Follow

Derek and the Dominos - Layla

Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made for Walkin'
Jimi Hendrix - Fire
Lovin' Spoonful - Summer in the City
Joe Cocker - With a Little Help from My Friends

Eagles - Take It Easy
Heart - Dreamboat Annie
The Who - Baba O'Riley

Chambers Brothers - In the Midnight Hour
The Byrds - I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better
Blood, Sweat and Tears - Just One Smile (Randy Newman)

Warren Zevon -  Werewolves of London
Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone

Iron Butterfly - In a Gadda da Vida



No comments: