Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday Soundings 4/25

Host - John Gaguine, sitting in for Stormy Gail

The Treme Brass Band - Jesus Is on the Main Line

Ann Austin - Lost in Your Eyes, Oh Me Oh My (I'm a Fool for You Baby)

Miles Davis - The Maids of Cadiz (Leo Delibes), Blues for Pablo (Gil Evans)

Patti Austin - Look What You've Done to Me (Boz Scaggs), You're the One That I Want (from Grease), It Might Be You

Clark Terry - Jumpin' at the Woodside (Count Basie)

Harry Connick, Jr. - The Very Thought of You (Ray Noble), Goodnight My Love (pop hit in 1956)

Wessell "Warmdaddy" Anderson - African Cowboy

Ernestine Anderson - You Were Always on My Mind (the Willie Nelson tune). Only Trust Your Heart, My Funny Valentine

Clark Terry - The Nearness of You (Hoagy Carmichael)

Hot Club of Cowtown (appearing in Juneau on Sunday, May 6) - 'Deed I Do, I Can't Give You Anything But Love, Baby, Pennies from Heaven

Chick Corea and Bela Fleck - Children's Song #6 (Corea)


No comments: