Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday Soundings 7/26

Host - John Gaguine, sitting in for Kathie Allen

Muddy Waters and the Band, from the Last Waltz concert - Caledonia, Mannish Boy

Rolling Stones - I Just Want to Make Love to You (Willie Dixon), Little Red Rooster (Dixon), Look What You've Done (Waters), The Singer not the Song (Jagger/Richards), I Can't Be Satisfied (Waters)

Country Joe and the Fish - Rock Coast Blues, Crystal Blues

Pat Benatar - Paying the Cost to Be the Boss (BB King), I've Got Papers on You (BB King), Evening, I Get Evil (Albert King)

Stones - Love in Vain (Robert Johnson)

Michael Bloomfield - I've Got You in the Palm of my Hand, I Got My Mojo Working (Waters), Born in Chicago (Butterfield Blues Band), Killing Floor (Electric Flag, song by Howling Wolf), It Takes Time (Otis Rush and Dixon)

Rory Block - three cuts from the CD The Lady and Mr. [/Robert] Johnson - Cross Road Blues, Last Fair Deal Gone Down, Walking Blues

Eric Clapton, from his 1994 CD From the Cradle, a return to his blues roots - It Hurts Me Too (Elmore James), Someday After a While (Freddie King/Sonny Thompson), Standin' Around Cryin' (Waters)

Marcia Ball - Foreclose on the House of Love, Give It Up (Give In)

Bloomfield and Al Kooper - Don't Throw Your Love on Me So Strong (Albert King)

No comments: