Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Little Bit of Broadway


Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat


In 1968, the very first edition of Joseph was sung as a 15 minute cantata at Colet School in London. After that, composer Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyricist Tim Rice kept expanding and expanding until it became a full-fledged musical. Based on the Old Testament stories of Joseph, the music combines lots of different musical genres – French ballads, country and western, Elvis style rock and roll, disco….and lots more!

We are listening to a 1994 recording with Michael Damian as Joseph, just because I saw this production! Other notable Joseph’s are David Cassidy and Donny Osmond. There’s a great DVD of this show, with Donny Osmond playing Joseph. So if you haven’t seen this show in person (JDHS did it back in the 90’s, with Jason Alexander as Joseph) get this DVD and settle down for a fun evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I clicked submit
my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
Anyway, just wanted to say fantastic blog!

Also visit my web blog noticias primero