Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Little Bit of Broadway

Motown the Musical

Today is the announcement of the winners of the 2014 Grammy Awards, and there are three cast recordings nominated for Best Musical Theater Album: Kinky Boots, Matilda, and Motown the Musical. Kinky Boots has won, but I prefer Motown. Part of that is my age - I grew up in the heyday of Motown and remember all these acts so well. But, since I like Motown, that’s what I have chosen to play this afternoon. My only complaint is that it isn't long enough! Hope you enjoy the trip down memory lane!

We'll finish out the time with a little more Motown!
Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I’m Yours
Marvin Gaye - Got to Give it Up
Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - Tears of a Clown
Temptations - Ball of Confusion
Jackson 5 - I want you back
Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One of Us
Edwin Starr - War
Jackson 5 - The Love you save

No comments: